I lost my card. What do I do?
For lost or stolen ATM or debit cards, please call 1-800-554-8969. For lost or stolen credit cards, please call 1-800-558-3424.
My card expires this month. When can I expect to get a new card?
You can expect to receive your new card during the second to third week of the month that it expires, as long as we have your current address. To update your address, please complete a change of address form and mail it to P.O. Box 218, Altoona, WI 54720 or drop it off at your local office. Your old card will work until the end of the month that it expires.
How do I replace a damaged debit card?
If your ATM or debit card is not functioning properly or is damaged, you may order a replacement card by calling our Customer Service Center at 800-590-9920. You will receive a new card with a new expiration date within seven to ten business days, and the Personal Identification Number (PIN) you are currently using will work with your new card.
I have received my new card. How do I activate it?
To activate your new Debit Card, please call 1-800-567-3451
How do I change my pin number for my Debit Card?
To change pin numbers for Debit Cards, please call 1-800-567-3451
ONLINE BANKING / BILL PAY / ESTATEMENTS
Is there a charge to use Bill Pay?
Most of our customers qualify for free Bill Pay. There's no monthly service fee if you have a Traditional, Freedom, or Freedom Rewards Checking account.
Even if you're not eligible for the monthly service fee waiver, you can still try Bill Pay for free for the first three months. After that, Bill Pay is $5 per month. The monthly service fee will be assessed starting in the first month of use after the free trial period. The charge will be deducted from your checking account.
How do I sign up for eStatements?
To sign up for e-statements, you must be enrolled in Online Banking. Contact our Customer Service Center at 800-590-9920 to sign up for online banking.
Once signed into your online banking, click on the Options tab towards the top of your screen. Scroll down to eStatement Enrollment and click on Edit. Select the accounts you wish to enroll, enter your valid email address. You will need to read the terms and conditions and input the security code found at the bottom of the terms and conditions. Click Enroll to complete your registration.
How do I view my eStatements?
To view your eStatements, first log into your Online Banking. Select the account you wish to view the e-statement. Click on the Documents tab towards the top of the screen. For Document Type, select eStatements, enter in the date range you wish and click submit.
How do I cancel eStatements?
To resume receiving paper statements by mail, stop by your local office to complete an eStatement cancellation form. Please be aware that some accounts are assessed a fee to receive paper statements.
Will my eStatement look the same as a paper statement?
Yes, your eStatement will appear the same as a paper statement.
How much does it cost to receive eStatements?
eStatements are a free service offered by CCFBank.
How will I know when my eStatement is available to view?
You will automatically receive an email at the end of your statement cycle notifying you that your eStatement is ready to view.
If you are not receiving the email notification, sign onto your online banking, click on Options, scroll to Email, and click Edit. Verify that your email address is input correctly. Also check your email account to make sure eStatement notifications are not being filed in your spam or junk mail folder. If they are, add email@example.com to your address book to ensure notifications are delivered to your inbox.
What is the $1 charge that appears in my online Account Activity?
Sometimes merchants perform a test charge to verify your account before authorizing a debit card purchase. These charges are usually for a nominal amount such as $1. Once the actual purchase is charged to your account, the $1 test charge is removed.
Can I make a loan payment online?
You can easily make loan payments online — with or without a CCFBank checking or savings account!
If you already have a CCFBank checking or savings account and are enrolled in online banking, making your loan payment is as simple as logging into your online banking account. You even have the option to set up recurring payments, so you never need to worry about missing a payment!
Making a loan payment takes just a few minutes if you don't have a checking or savings account with CCFBank. To get started, all you need is your CCFBank loan account number, the last six digits of your social security number, and your debit card or depository account information. Visit the homepage of the CCFBank website and click the “Log In” button at the top of the screen. When the Online Banking login screen pops up, click the link “MAKE A LOAN PAYMENT.” You have the option to make a one-time payment as a guest or a registered user. Registered users have access to additional functionalities including recurring payments and online payment history. We can also take loan payments over the phone via ACH or debit card for a $10 fee. To do this, please contact our Customer Service Center at 800-590-9920.
What are the supported cell phone carriers?
Supported Cell Phone Carriers:
- US Cellular
- Virgin Mobile*
*Use Sprint as your carrier.
What if my cell phone carrier is not listed?
If your cell phone carrier is not listed you can:
- Set up an email alert instead of a text alert and add your phone number plus the SMS address for your carrier, (Example: firstname.lastname@example.org would be for a Verizon customer), as your email address.
*If you have problems receiving the message there may be an option with your carrier that is not enabled. Please contact your cellphone carrier for further information.
How do I set up eAlerts?
- If you are enrolled in eAlerts there will be an eAlerts tab at the top of your online banking. Click on eAlerts to set up new alerts
- Select the type of account that you would like to create an alert on.
- Click Setup New Alert to create new alerts.
- Select the alert you would like to set up and click Next.
- eAlert – will be received within Online Banking under the eAlerts tab.
- Email – will be received via email.
- Text – will be received via text message.
- Select the account that you would like to have the alert set up on and click Finish.
- Confirm that this is the correct alert you want set up and click Done.
- Repeat steps 1- 6 for future alerts.
For the daily available balance alerts, is there a certain time that the alerts come?
As of right now the morning alerts run in a 2-hour window between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m.
*Please note that delays may occur and alerts may not always be received in this time frame.
Why does it say "Record in use by another user or program" when I click the delete button next to an alert in online banking?
The event is temporarily unavailable for updating or deleting. Please log off online banking, wait at least an hour and log back on and try deleting the alert.
If I signed up to get the Downloadable application why does it still ask for my carrier when I want to setup a text alert?
eAlerts is an Online Banking product and isn't directly tied to the Mobile Banking products. If you sign up for "Text Messaging", as a mobile banking service, the system will automatically find your carrier, based on your phone number and the activation of the device.
What is a Non-Check Withdrawal?
A Non-Check Withdrawal is any withdrawal from your checking account other than a written check. To be alerted for all transactions on your checking account, please set up both the Non-Check Withdrawal alert and the Cleared Check alert.
What's the difference between an eAlert, Email and Text?
An eAlert is an online notification that shows up under the eAlert tab in online banking, email is an email generated alert and text is a text generated alert.
What happens when I reply STOP to a text alert?
Replying STOP to a text alert will disable your mobile banking option of receiving alerts. However, this will not delete the alert from your eAlerts tab. In order to get re-enrolled to receive alerts please follow these step by step instructions.
- Log in to Online Banking.
- Click on Options on the top navigation bar.
- Scroll down to Mobile Banking Profile.
- Click the button for Manage Devices.
- Select "Change my Mobile Banking services" from the dropdown next to your mobile device.
- Click Go.
- Click the checkbox next to Alerts (I'd like to receive text alerts).
- Click Continue. You are now re-enrolled to receive text alerts.
Why do I receive two alerts for the same debit card transaction?
You will receive an alert when a debit card transaction has been pre-authorized (when the card is swiped) and when the transaction posts the account.
*Note: You are not necessarily being double charged.
MOBILE BANKING WITH MOBILE DEPOSIT
Download our mobile and text banking user guide.
Is Mobile Banking secure?
Mobile Banking employs industry best practices with regards to security. It has been assessed against industry security criteria by a number of independent system security experts.
At a high level, Mobile Banking offers the following security safeguards:
- Authentication – Mobile browser and application solution customers are authenticated for every interaction with any Mobile Banking component. Customers are authenticated by username and password or by utilizing existing login credentials for single sign-on.
- Encryption – 128-bit encryption is used for all transactions within Mobile Banking and between Mobile Banking and other Fiserv solutions (e.g., core banking and payment systems).
- Fraud – Mobile Banking incorporates mechanisms such as transaction validation and transaction reconciliation processes to detect fraud.
- Availability/Resilience – Mobile Banking is protected against malicious attacks through software and server hardening measures.
- Audit Ability – Mobile Banking provides full audit capabilities through event logs and event-based reporting.
Is my personal or financial information stored on my phone?
No. Mobile Banking does not save any files with personal or financial information on your mobile device. That information stays strictly within online banking. Some phones (e.g., BlackBerry, Android) have logo and branding files that are copied to the mobile device. Those files do not contain any personally identifiable information.
Which accounts can I access using Mobile Banking?
You can access any account you have set up in online banking. You select which accounts you want to access using Mobile Banking during the enrollment process.
How current is the account and transaction information?
When you view your account balance, you see the current available balance. When you view transaction history, you see the most recently posted transactions. Pending transactions do not display.
Can I add more than one mobile phone?
Yes. You can enroll several mobile devices for Mobile Banking. To add a new phone, complete the Mobile Banking Enrollment section in the Mobile Banking Guide.
What if my phone number changes?
If your mobile phone number changes, simply update your mobile phone number in Mobile Banking. To update the mobile phone number, complete the How To Change a Phone Number section.
What if my phone is lost or stolen?
If your mobile device is lost or stolen, no one can access your account without knowing your password and, in some cases, your unique user name. To prevent unauthorized access to your account, you can deactivate your phone in Mobile Banking. To deactivate your mobile device, complete the How To Deactivate or Stop Using a Mobile Device
How do I stop using Mobile Banking on my phone?
To stop using Mobile Banking on your mobile device, complete the How To Deactivate or Stop Using a Mobile Device section.
Which phones can I use for Mobile Banking?
Hundreds of models are supported including these major brands: iPhone, BlackBerry, HTC, LG, Motorola, Nokia, Pantech, Samsung, Sanyo, and Sony Ericsson. Phones on a number of different operating systems are supported including, but not limited, to Android, BlackBerry, iOS, Symbian, Windows Mobile, Linux, Palm webOS, and Maemo.
Which mobile service carriers support Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking works on all major mobile service carriers in the U.S.: AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile®, U.S. Cellular® and Verizon Wireless. Mobile Banking also works on a number of the smaller service carriers, including, but not limited to, Boost Mobile, Cricket Wireless, Metro PCS, Pioneer Cellular, Union Wireless and Virgin Mobile USA.
I have a prepaid plan; can I use Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking works with most prepaid plans, but we cannot guarantee that your carrier supports standard U.S. short codes. T-Mobile prepaid does not support short codes.
What is CCFBank Mobile Deposit?
CCFBank Mobile Deposit is a convenient way to electronically deposit checks into CCFBank deposit account(s) from a Smart Phone or Tablet device using the CCFBank Mobile Banking App.
What items can be deposited using CCFBank Mobile Deposit?
Complete, unaltered checks in U.S. currency drawn on a financial institution in the U.S. and made payable to the account owner(s) that have been properly endorsed "For Deposit Only CCFBank Account" and dated less than six months from the deposit date can be deposited into account.
What items cannot be deposited through CCFBank Mobile Deposit?
- Savings Bonds, Money Orders, Travelers Checks, Rebate Checks, and Cashiers Checks;
- Checks or items that are drawn or otherwise issued by the U.S. Treasury Department;
- Checks payable to non-accountholder or entity;
- Checks that are altered, suspicious or fraudulent;
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees;
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States;
- Checks not payable in United States currency;
- Checks dated more than six (6) months prior to the date of deposit; and
- Checks that are post-dated.
A complete list of prohibited items can be found in the Mobile Deposit Service Agreement.
Who is eligible to use CCFBank Mobile Deposit?
To be eligible for CCFBank Mobile Deposit, you must have the following at the Bank:
- Approval of Service; and
- Checking, savings, or money market deposit account.
NOTE: If the customer breaches any of the terms of the CCFBank Mobile Deposit Addendum, the service is used for any unauthorized or illegal purposes, or in a manner inconsistent with the terms of the account agreement or any other agreement with CCFBank, the access to the CCFBank Mobile Deposit service will be terminated.
Are there limits on the amount that can be deposited using CCFBank Mobile Deposit?
Yes, the business day limit for CCFBank Mobile Deposit is $3,000.00, with the exception of StartFresh and StartFresh Basic accounts which have a $1,000.00 business day limit.
Is CCFBank Mobile Deposit for consumers or businesses?
CCFBank Mobile Deposit is available to qualified consumer and business customers that are enrolled in retail online banking and mobile banking.
How do I access CCFBank Mobile Deposit?
- Enroll in CCFBank Online Banking and enroll in Mobile Banking;
- Download the CCFBank Mobile Banking app from iTunes App Store or Google Play store;
- Login to the CCFBank Mobile Banking app with your online banking access ID and password;
- Accept the Mobile Banking Terms and Conditions;
- Select the "Deposit" option from the Main Menu;
- Continue to follow the prompts to complete the CCFBank mobile deposit.
What is the cut off time to make a mobile deposit?
Checks received and accepted though CCFBank Mobile Deposit by 5:00 p.m. CST on a business day (generally Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays) will be considered deposited on that business day. Otherwise, the Bank shall consider that the deposit was made on the next business day the Bank is open. Deposits completed between 4:00 pm CST and 5:00 pm CST that have exceptions or suspected duplicate items may not post until the next business day and would then be included in you daily limit for that business day.
When will the funds be made available?
Funds deposited using CCFBank Mobile Deposit will generally be made available in two business days from the day of deposit. The Bank may make such funds available sooner based on such factors as credit worthiness, the length and extent of your relationship with the Bank, transaction and experience information, and such other factors as Bank, in its sole discretion, deems relevant.
However, in some cases, funds may take longer before they are available for use (up to seven business days). Should this occur, communication will be sent to you, informing you as to when your funds will be available.
Tips for taking good check photos
- Before logging into the CCFBank Mobile app, close all other apps running in the background of the mobile device.
- Sign/Endorse the back of the check, and label it "For Deposit Only CCFTM Account."
- When prompted for the amount, carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on the check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking the photos.
- Ensure that only the check is visible in the view screen – no other objects or edges.
- Ensure entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting the deposit.
- Take the photos of the check in a well-lit area on a dark, non-reflective background.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking the photos.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- No shadows across the check.
- All four corners of check are visible.
- Check is not blurry. Shaky hands or being too close can make the object blurry.
- The MICR line (numbers on the bottom of the check) is readable.
How do I know that my mobile deposit has been received / processed?
When you log onto your CCFBank Mobile app, click on the "Deposits" tab, click on "View Deposit History" you will be able to see all pending, accepted and failed deposits. Pending deposits have been received but not processed. Accepted deposits have been received and processed.
You can also sign up for eAlerts, and request an alert be sent to you by text or email when a deposit has posted to your account. For more information on eAlerts, click here.
How can I view a check deposited via CCFBank Mobile Deposit through my mobile device?
After the mobile deposit has successfully completed, the image of the check can be accessed from a mobile device up to 30 days by following these steps:
- Login to CCFBank Mobile Banking app;
- Select "Deposit" option from the Main Menu;
- Click on the "Transactions" option on the Deposit or Review Checks" screen, which will take you to a list of recent mobile deposits;
- Click on the specific transaction to see the check images.
NOTE: You cannot view the images of checks deposited via Mobile Deposit in the Account Transaction History
If the check image is no longer available on the mobile device; call the Customer Service Department at 800-590-9920 to request a copy of the check image. Each copy is subject to a $2.00 fee.
What should I do with the check after I've submitted a mobile deposit?
Upon the receipt of confirmation from CCFBank that we have received an image that you have transmitted, you agree to retain the check for at least thirty (30) calendar days from the date of the image transmission. After thirty (30) days, you agree to destroy the check that you transmitted as an image, mark it "VOID", or otherwise render it incapable of further transmission, deposit, or presentment. During the time the retained check is available, you agree to keep it in a secure location and promptly provide it to the Bank upon request.
What happens if a check deposited via CCFBank Mobile Deposit is returned?
If an original check deposited through CCFBank Mobile Deposit is dishonored, rejected or otherwise returned unpaid for any reason, the customer will receive an image, reproduction or substitute of the original check and we will charge the deposit amount back to the account. As with any returned item, the customer is responsible for reimbursing us for all loss, cost, damage or expense caused by or relating to the processing of the returned item.
The customer is prohibited from attempting to deposit or otherwise negotiate an original check CCFBank Mobile Deposit if it has been charged back. The customer will also receive a $15.00 Returned Deposit Fee. They may be able to negotiate a returned item in person, and should speak to a Customer Service Representative at any of our locations if more assistance is needed.
Are the Mobile Banking App and CCFBank Mobile Deposit secure?
Yes, the Mobile Banking App and CCFBank Mobile Deposit services utilize best practices from online banking, such as HTTPS, 128-bit multi-layer encryption, password or multi-factor authentication access, and application time-out when your phone is not in use. In addition, no account data is ever stored on your phone and if your phone is lost or stolen, access to your accounts can be disabled by calling the Customer Service Department at 800-590-9920.
We also recommend that the following tips to increase Mobile Banking/Capture security:
- Lock your device with a password or PIN when it is not in use.
- Do not store personal information including your Access IDs and passwords on your phone or send them via email or text messages which could be intercepted
- Only download applications from trusted sources. Make sure to download updates regularly, as updates often fix security flaws.
- Do not enter personal information unless there is an "s" after http, which indicates the site is secure. Also look for security symbols like the lock icon.
- Do not bank or shop online when using unsecured, public Wi-Fi access.
- Do not click on any links in emails claiming to be from CCFBank. Instead go to the Bank website directly and log in.
- Always log off completely after using Mobile Banking.
What are the technical requirements to use CCFBank Mobile Deposit?
The following devices are compatible with CCFBank Mobile Deposit:
- Apple iOS devices:
- Compatible with iPhone 3GS,iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPad and
- iPod touch (3rd, 4th, & 5th generation);
- iOS 5.01 or greater operating system; and
- Camera-enabled device that includes at least two mega-pixels in resolution*
- NOTE: this app is optimized for iPhone 5, so it will appear small on an iPad.
- Android devices:
- Version 4.0.3 or greater operating system; and
- Camera-enabled device that includes at least two mega-pixels in resolution*
- Device supports either Google Play or Amazon Appstore; and
- Rear-facing camera device that includes at least two mega-pixels in resolution**
- Internet access from the device
- Appropriate (iOS or Android) CCFTM Mobile Banking app downloaded to the device
*iPad 1 and iPad 2 do not meet this requirement
What is an overdraft fee or returned item fee?
Overdraft is a term used to indicate when an item such as a check, Debit Card purchase, or other transaction presented for payment is paid even though the available balance in your deposit account is less than the amount of the item, creating an overdraft (or negative balance) in your account. An overdraft fee will apply.
Returned Item is a term used to indicate when an item such as a check or other transaction presented for payment is returned unpaid because the available balance in your deposit account is less than the amount of the Item. Also called a "bounced check." A Returned Item Fee will apply.
How do I place a Stop Payment?
A stop payment may be placed through Online Banking, by clicking on the Stop Payment tab. You may also place a stop payment by completing a stop payment request form at any of our branches or by calling our Customer Service Center at 800-590-9920. Stop payments placed through online banking or verbally will remain in effect for 14 days, unless a signed Stop Payment request form is received. Signed stop payments will remain in effect for 6 months unless revoked in writing.
How do I change or cancel an automatic withdrawal or payment that I have set up with another company?
To change or cancel an automatic payment you've set up with a company, you will need to contact that company directly. We are unable to change or cancel your agreement with them.
We can place a stop payment to prevent the payment from posting to your account. Once signed, the stop payment will remain in effect for 6 months, unless revoked in writing.
To have a stop payment order placed on your account, please stop by your local office or contact our Customer Service Center at 800-590-9920. You may also place a stop payment online through your online banking. We will need the following information:
- Date of transaction
- Amount of transaction
- Account number
- Name of originating company
- Type of stop payment request (one-time or all future payments)
Placing a stop payment order does not release you from any contractual agreements. You may still be held to the terms of the agreement you have made. There is a stop payment fee. For fee amounts, please refer to your Fee Schedule.
How do I change or cancel an automatic withdrawal or payment from one CCFBank to another CCFBank account?
To change or cancel an automatic withdrawal or payment you have between CCFBank accounts, you will need to complete an Automatic Transfer form. This form is available at your local office or can be mailed to you by contacting our Customer Service Center at 800-590-9920.
How do I update my phone number, email address, or mailing address?
To update your information, please fill out a Change of Address Form and mail it to: Citizens Community Federal, P.O. Box 218, Altoona, WI 54720. You may also update your information by contacting our Customer Service Center at 800-590-9920.