If you happen to skip a few days of eating apples, you’ll be ready.
- Tax Savings*
- No Setup or Maintenance Fees
- Withdraw Funds at Any Time
- Be prepared for medical expenses as they arise
- Works alongside your HDHP (high-deductible health plan)
- Greater personal control over healthcare management and expenses
- Earn interest above standard savings on entire balance
- An HSA provides triple tax savings:*
- Tax deductions when you contribute to your account
- Tax-free earnings through investment
- Tax-free withdrawals for qualified medical, dental, vision expenses, and more
- Contributions are tax-free and can be made by you, your employer, or a third party
- Funds can be withdrawn at any time**
- Unused funds remain in account year after year; no "use it or lose it" policy
- Keep your HSA in your name, regardless of career or life changes
- Convenient access to funds via free Visa® debit card, checks, and online bill pay
- No monthly maintenance fee when signed up for eStatements
- No minimum balance requirements
Most adults under 65 who are not enrolled in Medicare and are covered under a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) can qualify for an HSA, but it is up to the account holders to determine their own eligibility. Please contact your tax advisor for further eligibility requirements.
*Consult a tax advisor.
**You can withdraw funds at any time for any purpose. However, if funds are withdrawn for reasons other than qualified medical expenses, the amount withdrawn will be included as taxable income, and is subject to a 10% penalty.