It’s an easy way to speed up your time at the register — plus, it can help you earn cash rewards.
- Use it to make purchases in stores or online — anywhere Visa® is accepted
- Works like a check — funds are debited from your account in real-time
- Safer than carrying cash
- Faster and easier than writing a check
- Surcharge-free ATM access, nationwide — or use any CCFBank ATM
- No monthly charge
- Swipe your way to rewards when you sign up for Freedom Rewards Checking
- Two simple ways to make purchases:
- Debit: Enter your PIN to complete a transaction at a merchant. You can also choose to receive cash back.
- Credit: Choose credit while making a purchase and the funds are held in your account until the transaction processes.
- Choose your own PIN
- Easily replaced if lost or stolen
CCFBank pre-determines card limits for your Debit Card as a security feature. If you find yourself needing higher limits for a day or two, you can contact your local branch or our Customer Service Center at 1-800-590-9920 ahead of time to request a temporary increase of your limits.
A CCFBank Debit Card is more secure than cash or checks: the money is transferred electronically from your account to a merchant and can be closed with one simple phone call if it is lost or if fraud is suspected.
For the safety and security of your account, CCFBank monitors its customers' debit card transactions for potentially fraudulent activity, which may include:
- A sudden change in locale
- Large dollar transactions
- Multiple transactions in a short period of time
- Any pattern associated with fraud trends around the world
If we suspect fraudulent debit card use, you will receive an automated phone call from CCFBank’s fraud monitoring department to validate the legitimacy of the transaction. Your participation in responding to this call is critical to prevent potential risk and avoid restrictions we may place on the use of your card.
If you receive a phone call regarding suspect activity on your card, please note, we will never ask you to provide your entire card number or Social Security Number.
Because we monitor all card activity for potential fraudulent usage, it is essential that we know when you are out of the country so we can determine legitimate purchases and you can enjoy your getaway. By letting us know your travel plans, you will:
- Aid in avoiding account disruptions
- Provide yourself a more secure option than carrying cash
- Help protect your account from fraud
Contact your local branch or our Customer Service Center at 800-590-9920 to provide travel dates and destinations for international travel and to update contact information when needed.
Visa recently introduced the Visa Account Updater (VAU) service as a convenience for Visa cardholders. The Visa Account Updater will provide you with an effortless renewal when your card is about to expire. This service automatically updates the card number and/or expiration date with participating businesses at which you have stored your card number for automatic payment. This service will be used by all merchants that participate in this program, and will automatically update your debit card information unless you choose to opt. out.
Visa requires that we participate in this program, however, if you’d prefer not to have your card information updated automatically, you can opt out. If you wish to opt-out of Visa Account Updater, you may do one of the following: