Citizens Community Federal National Association’s Mobile Banking and related services (the “App”), powered by Fiserv, help you manage your finances and control your debit card through your mobile device.
The App allows you to:
- View account balances
- View transactions
- Make transfers
- Pay your bills and manage payees
- Deposit a check
- Receive alerts
- Manage your debit card
The Types of Information We Collect in the App
Through your use of the Services, we may collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- Personal Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, address, email, telephone number, and social security number when you create an account.
- We will collect the financial and transaction information necessary to provide you with the Services, including account numbers, payment card expiration date, payment card identification, verification numbers, and transaction and payment history.
- If you provide feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, to send you a reply.
- Personal Information Collected Via Technology. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time without Services, our communications, and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, device type (e.g.: phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, network information (e.g.: WIFI, LTE, 3G, 4G, 5G), and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages and screens you viewed, how long you spent on a screen, navigation paths between screens, information about your activity on a screen, access times, and duration of access.
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5 and Flash, that provide cookie equivalent functionality but can store a larger amount of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that an email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
- Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your mobile device and agree to the collection of your location when prompted by the Services, we will collect your location information when you use the Services; for example, to provide our fraud detection services. If you do not want us to collect this information, you may decline the collection of your location when prompted or adjust the location services settings on your mobile device.
How We Use Your Information Collected in the App
We may use the collected personal information from you in the following ways:
- General Use. In general, we use your personal information collected through your use of the Services to respond to your requests as submitted through the Services, to provide you the Services you request, and to help serve you better. We use your personal information, in connection with the App, in the following ways:
- Facilitate the creation of, and secure and maintain your account.
- Identify you as a legitimate user in our system.
- Provide improved administration of the Services.
- Improve the quality of your experience when you interact with the Services.
- Send you e-alerts related to your account(s) and debit card(s).
- Send you administrative email notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories.
- Send surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the Services.
- Compliance and Protection. We may use your personal information to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal processes, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
- Protect our, your, or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims).
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and our internal policies.
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service.
- Prevent, identify, investigate, and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
- Creation of Non-Identifiable Data. The App may create de-identified information records from personal information by excluding certain information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this information in a form that does personally identify you to analyze request and usage patterns to enhance our products and services. We reserve the right to use and disclose non-identifiable information to third parties at our discretion.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We disclose your personal information collected through your use of the Services as described below.
- Authorities and Others. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your personal information, the App may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, for the compliance and protection services described above.
Link to Other Sites
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is currently no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not act in response to these signals. When a standard is established, we may revise our policy on responding to these signals.
- Access, Update, or Correct Your Information. You can access, update, or correct your information by changing preferences in your account. For additional requests, please contact us.
- Opting Out of Email or SMS Communications. If you provide your phone number through the Services, we may send you notifications by SMS, such as a fraud alert. You may opt out of SMS communications by unlinking your mobile phone number through the Services. If you have signed up to receive our email marketing communications, you can unsubscribe any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included in the message or other electronic communication. Alternatively, you can opt-out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information under “Contact Us” below.
- Opting Out of Location Tracking. If you initially consented to the collection of geo-location information through the Services, you may subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. Please note, however, that if you withdraw consent to our collection of location information, you may no longer be able to use some features of the App.
Safeguards and Retention
We implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard the information in our custody and control against theft, loss, and unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
A Note About Children
The Services are not directed towards individuals under the age of 13, and we do not, through the App, intentionally gather personal information about visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to us through the App and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
Card Management Additional Terms
The card management feature is offered by Citizens Community Federal National Association (referred to herein as “CCFBank®”, “us”, “we” or “our”) for use by CCFBank® cardholders. CCFBank’s® card management feature is intended to allow You to initiate certain payment card related activities for Your enrolled CCFBank® card(s) via the card management feature. Those activities may include the ability to but not limited to:
- Register the card
- Activate and deactivate the card
- Set control preferences for card usage including location, transaction, and merchant types, spend limits, and card on/off (“Controls”)
- Set alert preferences for card usage including location, transaction, and merchant types, spend limits, and declined purchases (“Alerts”)
- View transaction history including cleansed and enriched merchant information (e.g., merchant name, address, and contact information)
- Report Your card as lost or stolen
- Review Your spending by merchant type and/or by month
- View a list of merchants storing Your card information for recurring or card-on-file payments
The card management feature may enable access to CCFBank® and third parties’ services and web sites, including GPS locator websites, such as Google. Use of such services may require internet access and that You accept additional terms and conditions applicable thereto, including, with respect to Google maps, those terms and conditions of use found at http://maps.google.com/help/terms_maps. Html and the Google Legal Notices found at https://www.google.com/help/legalnotices_maps/, or such other URLs as may be updated by Google. To the extent the card management feature allows You to access third party services, CCFBank® and those third parties, as applicable, reserve the right to change, suspend, remove, limit, or disable access to any of those services at any time without notice and without liability to You.
You agree to allow us to communicate with You via push notification, SMS and/or email, with respect to the activities performed via the card management feature. Data fees may be imposed by Your mobile provider for the transmission and receipt of messages and Alerts.
CCFBank® reserves the right to send administrative and service notifications via emails and/or SMS messages to the email address and/or phone number provided upon enrollment in CFFBank’s ® card management feature.
Availability/Interruption. You acknowledge that the actual time between occurrence of an event (“Event”) triggering a selected Control or Alert and the time the notification of such event is sent to Your mobile device (“Notification”) is dependent on a number of factors including, without limitation, Your wireless service and coverage within the area in which You are located at that time. You acknowledge that Notifications of Events may be delayed, experience delivery failures, or face other transmission problems. Similarly, selection of Controls and Alerts (collectively, “Commands”) are likewise affected by the same or similar factors and problems could arise with use of Commands. Notifications of Events may not be available to be sent to Your mobile device in all areas.
If You registered to receive Notifications to Your mobile device, the card management feature is available when You have Your mobile device within the operating range of a wireless carrier with an appropriate signal for data services. The card management feature is subject to transmission limitations and service interruptions. CCFBank® does not guarantee that the card management feature (or any portion thereof) will be available at all times or in all areas.
You acknowledge and agree that certain functionality with the card management feature may not be available for all transactions. Commands based upon the location of the mobile device where the card management feature is installed or the location of the merchant where the card is being attempted for use may not apply appropriately to card-not-present transactions or transactions where the location of the actual location of the merchant differs from the merchant’s registered address.
You acknowledge and agree that neither CCFBank® nor its third-party services providers (including the developer of the technology enabling the Notifications) are responsible for performance degradation, interruption or delays due to conditions outside of its control. You acknowledge that neither CCFBank® nor its third-party service providers shall be liable to You if You are unable to receive Notifications on Your mobile device in Your intended area. CCFBank®, for itself and its third-party service providers, disclaims all liability for: any delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any Notification; any form of active or passive filtering.